This Sunday evening Brighton Uncut will be providing Direct Action training via the medium of Twitter! To allow for maximum feedback/response, the training will be split into two sessions (4pm – 6pm/7.30-9.00pm).
The aim of the session is to provide some serious food-for-thought before the next wave of UK Uncut mischief. If as a growing movement we are to keep grabbing headlines and public support we need to ramp-up the creativity of our actions. There is a world of tactics and strategies out there and Sunday’s session will hopefully provide a brief showcase of those which may be best-suited to our urban environment. Crucially, the training will deal with much more than tactics – we aim to cover organising methods, personal security, legal guidance and more…
As it stands the training will look something like this:
- What is Direct Action?/ Why take take Direct Action?
- Affinity group formation (action and support roles)
- Consensus decision making
- Direct Action tactics (DA tools)
- Security for activists
- Legal guidance for those taking Direct Action
- What happens if i get arrested? – What will happen to me in custody?
- Putting it all together! – from affinity formation to successful action
- Q & A session